There are many options to consider when moving to Imagen. This guide will help identify the best options by recognising your requirements
Your current media practices...
- Media storage location?
- Media sharing or distribution?
- Media storage format(s)?
- Associated metadata?
- Embedded in Images/Videos
- XML files
- Spreadsheets (e.g., .csv or .xlsx)
- Location and access to your catalogue?
- User access (current and anticipated)?
- Efficiently manage media
- Make media discoverable to more people
- Consolidate media into one place
- Extract value from media
- Alleviate the strain of media requests and their fulfilment
- Migrate to the cloud to preserve media long-term without physical costs (LTO/drives)
- Promote your brand and content through easy access
- Provide news and features, with updates and personalised messages
- Replace our current website
How much content do you intend to onboard?
Total number of files?
The total file size (GB, TB, PB)?
Single or mixed media (e.g., video, audio, images, documents)?
File types (i.e., extensions)?
(Check Imagen's supported file types)
Where is your media stored, and how?
An array of drives, laptops, servers, or network drives (NAS/SAN, for example)?
Automatic media processing and file conversion
- What level of streaming quality do you want for your web video (HLS Web Proxy)? (UHD/ HD / SD)?
- Which delivery formats do you need? (HLS, transcoded clips, social media formats)
- Do you want to offer individual delivery formats to different groups of users?
- How will Imagen ingest media (i.e., live streaming, in bulk, progressively, from multiple locations)?
- Capture live stream events?
Who will be accessing the platform?
People who are already using your media?
Other departments of your organisation?
Partners and stakeholders?
💡Tip: Check out our guide on building access control for your users
Will everyone see everything?
Public media (no registration and login required) or Restricted Media (registration and login required)?
What will people do on the platform?
Who/which groups will be allowed to do what?
💡Tip: Check out our guide on setting default access control for your content
Media Management – Organising Media
- How do you allow users to search for, preview or retrieve media?
Which categories will define metadata (e.g., event, year, rating, rightsholder, etc.)?
Where is that information coming from (e.g., data sources, logsheets, spreadsheets)?
Which categories define our media for easy browsing (e.g., event, season, colour, location, etc.)?
- Which downloads will be available to users?
- Will media be shared across social media?
- Do you need to syndicate media to other platforms or companies outside of Imagen?
- Do you want to offer accelerated file downloading?
How will your platform look?
What will be the site's URL (e.g., new domain, subdomain, Imagen-provided domain)?
How will it look (i.e., how closely will it align to your other digital properties)?
- Browser display customisation with a favicon?
📞 Please reach out to Imagen to discuss custom theming Contact Us